Dental implants are so popular at North Sound Oral and Facial Surgery because they offer a variety of benefits beyond other tooth replacement options. Unlike fixed bridges and removable partial dentures, dental implants offer the security, aesthetics, and functionality of a natural tooth. Dental implants are the best tooth replacement option for many of our patients for several reasons, including the following:
- A Permanent Solution. With the right care, and regular visits to your dentist, dental implants can last a lifetime —whereas partial dentures and bridges may require replacement after several years.
- Preserving Oral Health. Bone loss is common around an empty tooth socket, as are bite alignment issues caused by healthy teeth shifting into the empty socket space. Replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant prevents bone loss and preserves the bite.
- Appearance and Function. Eat, speak, and smile with confidence! Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth. Your dental implant is completely integrated into your jaw bone like a healthy tooth — many patients forget that they have an implant!
- Can Replace One or More Teeth. Dental implants are versatile because they can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth.
- Easy Care. Taking care of dental implants is simple — just brush and floss every day as you would with the rest of your natural teeth.
- Increased Comfort. Because part of the dental implant is fused directly into the jaw bone, it is extremely secure — no need to worry about your tooth slipping or falling out like you would with removable tooth replacement options.
- Cost Effective. Dental implants can last a lifetime, which means that they do not require costly replacement. Bone loss and other oral health problems can be prevented as well, which prevents the need for expensive treatments in the future.
If you’re healthy enough to undergo minor dental procedures, you are also healthy enough to receive dental implants. As soon as the recovery process is complete, you will be able to brush and floss your new dental implants just as you would your natural teeth. You may need to come in to see us every few years for minor adjustments, but if you see your dentist regularly, your implants should remain in great shape for years to come.
You’re in excellent hands at North Sound Oral and Facial Surgery in Anacortes, WA. Dr. Pardeep Brar offers the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery and is highly trained in placing dental implants. To determine if dental implants are the best solution for you, you will want to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brar. Please give our office a call or request an appointment by filling out our online form.