North Sound Oral & Facial Surgery utilizes leading-edge technologies and advanced techniques to help every patient achieve the best possible result. Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin (L-PRF) offers numerous benefits to a patient’s healing.
Leukocyte-platelet rich fibrin introduces a high concentration of a patient’s own blood platelets to the surgical site to accelerate the healing process – encouraging rapid vascularization, bone and gum tissue growth, and healthy healing. Because platelets from the patient’s blood are used, this is a natural and innovative treatment option.
There are several benefits to receiving L-PRF during a surgical procedure:
- Faster healing. Increased platelet levels maximize the body’s own healing process.
- Safety. The patient’s own blood is used, which means that no chemicals or foreign additives are involved.
- Cost-effectiveness. A patient’s own blood platelets are less costly than harvested platelets.
- Versatility. L-PRF has prolific use in many surgical treatments.
Can leukocyte-platelet rich fibrin be used during my procedure?
Leukocyte-platelet rich fibrin is a versatile option for several procedures, including
- General or wisdom tooth extraction
- Bone grafting for dental implants
- Gum tissue grafting
- Sinus lifting
- Ridge augmentation
We encourage you to contact our office to learn more about L-PRF and if it’s a good treatment option for you.