If you have several missing or failing teeth, or desire a more comfortable and permanent option than traditional dentures, full-arch restoration may be right for you. Full-arch restoration is designed for patients who are experiencing severe tooth loss and wish to restore an entire arch (or even an entire mouth) of teeth at once. Because it is a permanent and cost-effective tooth replacement option, full-arch restoration is becoming a popular alternative.
What is full-arch restoration?
Eat, speak, and smile with confidence again! Full-arch restoration replaces an entire upper or lower arch of teeth that are currently missing or failing. With full-arch restoration, multiple implant surgeries are unnecessary, and patients can experience a completely new and functioning set of teeth in as little as one procedure.
A temporary but fixed set of teeth will be placed on four or more dental implants that have been inserted in the upper or lower arch. A permanent arch will be positioned after the dental implants have healed — usually over a period of several weeks. IV sedation is a common option offered to patients who undergo this procedure, which allows them to enter a comfortable sleep-like state during the placement of their implants.
Full-arch restoration offers several benefits:
- Permanent. They look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. No more removable dentures!
- Immediate results. Although there is a healing period, patients enjoy their new smile the same day they have their implants placed.
- Heal faster. Oral surgeons optimize the position of each implant — as few as four dental implants are used during this procedure which reduces the need for excessive bone grafting and individual implants.
- Improved bone health. A functioning arch of teeth stimulates the bone underneath to prevent bone loss.
- Easy to maintain. Say goodbye to dental adhesives! After the healing period, caring for a restored upper or lower arch of teeth requires only daily brushing and flossing, just like natural teeth. On occasion, you may need to see us or your dentist for an adjustment.
- Positive experience. Patients who have multiple missing or failing teeth often suffer from low self-esteem and other issues. Get ready to smile again after a full-arch restoration!
Full-Arch Restoration in Anacortes, WA
Full-arch restoration may be the solution for you if you have multiple teeth that are missing or failing. We encourage you to call our office in Anacortes, WA, to schedule a consultation and find out if this innovative method is right for you. Dr. Brar will meet with you to discuss your replacement options and help you on your journey toward improved oral health. We look forward to caring for you.